Things I like: Doctor Who, HIMYM, John Green, NPH, Dramione (I know. Don't ask me why.), Bones, Castle, Leverage, DFTBA, Misfits, Rookie Blue, acronyms, constellations, and above all, my Netflix account. Sarah//19//USADo it, do it, do it.
G-spots are like evolution.
No one but fundamentalist Christians still question their existence.
People ask me why I like reading. Here’s why:
Reading makes you powerful. It makes you feel less alone. It teaches you things. It changes your mind. It gives you heroes and villains and role models and friends. Reading connects you with someone who lives in another city, or someone who died hundreds of years ago. It tells you what people think. Isn’t that what people want to know? What everyone else is thinking? Reading does that. It says exactly that.
Reading makes you powerful. Books and poems are weapons and shields for the world.
I went to church with my family tonight and the pastor said something that I think every Christian should hear
- Pastor: Now, according to a few passages in the bible, homosexuality is a sin.
- Couple of older males in the audience: Amen!
- Pastor: Now, wait, I'm not finished.
- Pastor: You know what else the bible defines as a sin? Divorce.
- -uncomfortable silence-
- Pastor: There are countless passages that talk about how divorce is wrong, and that there are consequences to getting a divorce, such as the wife should be stoned.
- Pastor: Yet, I witnessed a divorce just this morning. And I gotta tell you, it was heartbreaking, but I definitely didn't attempt to throw rocks at the wife, even though she was the one who filed for divorce.
- Pastor: We choose to overlook the consequences of divorce because time has proven that they're inhumane and cruel.
- Pastor: The bible doesn't say anything about the consequences of a homosexual lifestyle. Yet, we seem to be spearheading a campaign to ruin the lives of people we don't even know.
- -the pastor shifts a few notes around-
- Pastor: The bible states to love thy neighbor. That's it. There are no other rules or restrictions to that passage.
- Pastor: So, we as a church family have to support equality with a smile on our face. THAT is the true Christian way.